The tomato soup with yogurt is a fresh, light, nutritionally balanced meal.
Its fragrance and flavour are good and the velvety, due to its low calorie and fat content, can be considered a healthy and detox recipe.
Cherry fresh tomatoes with a fine peel that does not require blanching and peeling, they have a sweet, almost sunny taste that creates a perfect combination with low-fat yogurt.
The fresh onion, also with a sweet flavour, does nothing but accentuate this pleasant contrast as it intensely enhances the flavour of the tomatoes.
To make the cream more silky and thick, we added also some tomato puree.
The yogurt is added cold directly into the individual bowls only before serving the cream: in this way it will keep its sour taste perfectly and will be very pleasant to taste together with the sweet and hot cream (thus you will also get a contrast of temperatures) and both cold.
We also recommend you try the paprika on top!
600 gr tomatoes
1 red onion
1 glass of passata
1 cup of veggie broth
6 Tablespoon greek yogurt
1. Peel the fresh red onion and slice it. Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half lengthwise.
2. Put the onion in a saucepan. •
3. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle with the vegetable broth. Turn on the heat and let it cook slowly over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Then pour the tomato puree.
5. Season with pink salt and pink pepper and mix well. Then continue cooking for about ten minutes always over low heat and stirring often.
6. Turn off the heat, let it cool for about ten minutes and then immerse blender in the saucepan.
7. Blend until you get a uniform and full-bodied but soft and silky cream.
8. Put the pot back on the heat if you want to enjoy the hot soup, otherwise let it cool completely.
9. Transfer the cream into individual bowls and place 3 heaping tablespoons of low-fat yogurt in each bowl.
10. You can serve your tomato soup with yogurt on the table and savour it.